First Responder Dramatic Video After The Attack
The firefighters' and Kevin McCullagh Jerry Walsh had retired weeks before terrorists attacked the World Trade Center September 11, 2001. His years on the scale of 126 in South Jamaica, Queens, was over. But when he heard the news, do not hesitate to cross the Hudson River and volunteers to support their fellow firefighters
McCullagh has along its retirement gift: a video camera. Aware that history was happening, began filming bits of what they saw in perspective a firefighter, a giant ball of smoke over the skyline of Manhattan, ash-foot deep, firefighters sifting through the sea by ruins, small fires burning here and there, trees blown on one side, gouges buildings, and the collapse of the Twin Towers.
McCullagh has along its retirement gift: a video camera. Aware that history was happening, began filming bits of what they saw in perspective a firefighter, a giant ball of smoke over the skyline of Manhattan, ash-foot deep, firefighters sifting through the sea by ruins, small fires burning here and there, trees blown on one side, gouges buildings, and the collapse of the Twin Towers.
"It 'was amazing," says McCullagh. "It 'was surreal. I knew what we had when I noticed a firefighter who was coming towards us. It was just beside himself. I asked:" What is it? "And he briefly described what it was and I knew it had to be something unique. There was a massacre. There was a lot of crazy things."
One of the attraction, especially surprised by two friends. In the middle of Twisted Metal and the burning ruins of the fire trucks were smashed, the flat was also caked with dust. "I had been around fire truck in my entire career, and I'd never seen anything like it," says McCullagh, still amazed today. "You see how invincible. When the big red fire engine displays, everything will be OK. And see them thrown around like little toys, and smashed and burned, was rather surprising to see them around."
McCullagh, now 52, and Walsh, now 54, worked for seven days - all day, every day. The lights were still off. Research teams and rescue needs help. Steel workers, electricians and heavy equipment operators needed help moving debris, equipment configuration, and a sense of chaos.
When he was at rest, McCullagh withdraw his camera and shoot a few minutes of the film. Documented canine units to search through the rubble, an ambulance turned into Swiss cheese, an endless line of trucks rolling into position. Cleaning equipment recorded as ants crawling over the mountains of rubble irregular, twisted.
View video clips today McCullagh, the magnitude of the destruction beyond comprehension again. These are the remains were removed within a month remains Herculean feat. "These guys are risking their lives," McCullagh said at one point the camera. "These guys are incredible. My heart goes out to all firefighters in this city."
In recent months, McCullagh and Walsh continued to pitch, often leading back to the site cleanup. But as was later discovered there was a high price for many people working in the toxic environment at Ground Zero. Many first responders are suffering or dying from respiratory problems and fatal diseases such as thyroid cancer, esophageal and lung cancer that doctors say high and epidemiologists are related to pollution control.
McCullagh had not seen his films for almost 10 years, until these issues were told to take a look. When checked, he was surprised by how his punches sent the huge job of cleaning 9.11. I felt it was a powerful historical document, and had not shown anyone. However, during the fight in Congress last year on health benefits of 9 / 11 workers decided it was time to share your images.
Commenting on his retirement firefighter boyfriend Jerry Walsh, he says, "... Jerry was a marathon runner, a great athlete, a strong young man and now he has a rare form of blood cancer. It is too common in guy who was there. There are many people realize. I think people were all behind the fire for some time, but people tend to forget, and perhaps people will remember the 10th anniversary that firefighters, police, steel workers what they experienced. And everything was done without question. Everything went there to do the best they could. "
McCullagh was recently in Lower Manhattan to visit a friend who works on Wall Street, where he made a wrong turn. Suddenly, he was again confronted by Ground Zero. He was able to look through some of the fence, but could see very little.
"I just kept walking," he said. "But it was a little strange. I realized that I had not been there for nine years and older. He looked very different."
Since 9 / 11, McCullagh says that you can not go in most buildings in Manhattan, without showing identification or through a security scanner. He feels the country is tense and paranoid, many people have lost their sense of humor. It feels like rebuilding the World Trade Center was too long and too often used as a political football. A ray of hope for McCullagh was the death of Osama bin Laden.
"Not that anyone will," he says. "It's not going to get people back to their loved ones. But personally I felt good all day. And I was proud of my country. I was proud of the president. I was proud of the military, as they went and did it."
McCullagh was a firefighter for 20 years, including as Chief of Fire and fire investigator. I had friends, lives only a few days before he died at the World Trade Center. Still meets with firefighters to share stories and remember 09.11. However, on the anniversary of 10 years, said there are no special diets.
"They'll just remember being in their own way," he said. "It will not be a celebration, it is completely safe. A moment of silence, just remember all the people all the wonderful people who were lost. "
One of the attraction, especially surprised by two friends. In the middle of Twisted Metal and the burning ruins of the fire trucks were smashed, the flat was also caked with dust. "I had been around fire truck in my entire career, and I'd never seen anything like it," says McCullagh, still amazed today. "You see how invincible. When the big red fire engine displays, everything will be OK. And see them thrown around like little toys, and smashed and burned, was rather surprising to see them around."
McCullagh, now 52, and Walsh, now 54, worked for seven days - all day, every day. The lights were still off. Research teams and rescue needs help. Steel workers, electricians and heavy equipment operators needed help moving debris, equipment configuration, and a sense of chaos.
When he was at rest, McCullagh withdraw his camera and shoot a few minutes of the film. Documented canine units to search through the rubble, an ambulance turned into Swiss cheese, an endless line of trucks rolling into position. Cleaning equipment recorded as ants crawling over the mountains of rubble irregular, twisted.
View video clips today McCullagh, the magnitude of the destruction beyond comprehension again. These are the remains were removed within a month remains Herculean feat. "These guys are risking their lives," McCullagh said at one point the camera. "These guys are incredible. My heart goes out to all firefighters in this city."
In recent months, McCullagh and Walsh continued to pitch, often leading back to the site cleanup. But as was later discovered there was a high price for many people working in the toxic environment at Ground Zero. Many first responders are suffering or dying from respiratory problems and fatal diseases such as thyroid cancer, esophageal and lung cancer that doctors say high and epidemiologists are related to pollution control.
McCullagh had not seen his films for almost 10 years, until these issues were told to take a look. When checked, he was surprised by how his punches sent the huge job of cleaning 9.11. I felt it was a powerful historical document, and had not shown anyone. However, during the fight in Congress last year on health benefits of 9 / 11 workers decided it was time to share your images.
Commenting on his retirement firefighter boyfriend Jerry Walsh, he says, "... Jerry was a marathon runner, a great athlete, a strong young man and now he has a rare form of blood cancer. It is too common in guy who was there. There are many people realize. I think people were all behind the fire for some time, but people tend to forget, and perhaps people will remember the 10th anniversary that firefighters, police, steel workers what they experienced. And everything was done without question. Everything went there to do the best they could. "
McCullagh was recently in Lower Manhattan to visit a friend who works on Wall Street, where he made a wrong turn. Suddenly, he was again confronted by Ground Zero. He was able to look through some of the fence, but could see very little.
"I just kept walking," he said. "But it was a little strange. I realized that I had not been there for nine years and older. He looked very different."
Since 9 / 11, McCullagh says that you can not go in most buildings in Manhattan, without showing identification or through a security scanner. He feels the country is tense and paranoid, many people have lost their sense of humor. It feels like rebuilding the World Trade Center was too long and too often used as a political football. A ray of hope for McCullagh was the death of Osama bin Laden.
"Not that anyone will," he says. "It's not going to get people back to their loved ones. But personally I felt good all day. And I was proud of my country. I was proud of the president. I was proud of the military, as they went and did it."
McCullagh was a firefighter for 20 years, including as Chief of Fire and fire investigator. I had friends, lives only a few days before he died at the World Trade Center. Still meets with firefighters to share stories and remember 09.11. However, on the anniversary of 10 years, said there are no special diets.
"They'll just remember being in their own way," he said. "It will not be a celebration, it is completely safe. A moment of silence, just remember all the people all the wonderful people who were lost. "


1:13 AM
celeb vocations

Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment