Monday, March 23, 2009

justabitcreepy


nathan jeden 2007 - source: debutantclothing.com

vogue nippon june 2007 - model:jessicastam - source:jeanqueen

alice dellal - source:thebostonista.com

Last week my car was in need of a new windscreen, driving a french car however, means that not all parts are easy to find, this led me to travel over an hour to an outer suburb windscreen shop, where i was stranded for 3 hours as the job was at hand.
this led me to walk to the closest shopping center, eastland, in a bid to entertain myself. passing a piecing parlor, a studded cuff in the window caught my eye. I entered to find bad heavy metal band t- shirts, a cabinet full of obscure looking jewelery and marijuana pipes.
A costumer, who appeared to be a teenage mother, proceeded to tell me of a surface type piercing (microdermal implants) - i did not know these where possible, in her lower stomach, which had to be cut out.. avoiding further details, i looked behind the counter to see a wall of shoes, red and black checked mary-janes, goth boots.. and.. creepers.
One pair in particular caught my eye, patent leather, lace up and velcro with studs around the heel and across the toe. trying to avoid an impulse/boredom buy i left them, but thinking about it over the last few days, i might just make the journey back.
A few hours of research led me to find they were featured in the DIOR fall 2004 show, Nathan Jenden 2007 collection at London Fashion Week and Armand Basi in February 2008. More recently Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony A/W 2009 seems to have creeper influenced style shoes for men.
I have also managed to find a few purchasable online (amazon.com & pleaserusa.com) and if Alice Dellal wears them, i think i have to have them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates